Guest Blog: Giving Thanks
by Amy Schmidt, Chair, Job One Board of Directors
This is the season to stop and give thanks. Through the hustle and bustle of the year, we often don’t take the time to pause and show appreciation nearly as much as we should. As Chair of the Job One Board of Directors, I, along with our dedicated Board Members, have been involved in a lot of that hustle and bustle – and continued progress – at Job One over the past year. We are thankful for the efforts of the Job One leadership team that have driven improvements organizationwide and are setting us on an even stronger path for growth and stability.
I am taking this opportunity to give thanks for:
- All the men and women who work to make Job One a leader in serving individuals with disabilities and delivering the highest quality service for our customers
- All the employees and staff who give 110% every day
- Job One giving people choices to be who they want to be and opportunities to succeed
- Job One being more than just a business/organization, we are family
- The support of our community
If you aren’t familiar with all Job One does, I encourage you to learn more. Not only does Job One provide employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities in our community, we deliver a diverse offering of quality business services (staffing, production, packaging, assembly, secure materials destruction, recycling) to commercial customers across the region. Visit our website at JobOneKC.org or contact us to schedule a tour today – we’d be thankful for your visit and you may be surprised to see all that we do.
I hope you can take some time to stop and reflect on all that you are grateful for, and I wish you and yours a wonderful holiday season!