JobOne Careers clients are referred to one of two programs, Employment Services or Supported Employment. The specific program is determined by the Vocational Rehabilitation counselor. General services that are provided include:
- Vocational Counseling and Guidance
- Employee Development
- Job Development
- Job Placement Services
- Job Training
A more detailed description of the services is outlined below.
EMPLOYMENT SERVICES: (ES)
Clients referred to Employment Services will begin with Employee/Job Development. Activities in this stage include resume development, job applications, job interview rehearsal and attendance/support on actual job interviews. Careers staff will assist facilitation of this process. It may take several days or weeks to complete this phase and the client is ultimately responsible for forward movement of the process. Employment Services through Careers concludes when a job is secured and all proper paperwork has been filed through Careers to the office of Vocational Rehabilitation.
SUPPORTED EMPLOYMENT (SE)
Clients referred to Supported Employment services will begin with assessment and exploration of interests, abilities and preferences and how that can translate to successful career choices. Staff provide assistance with resume development, interview preparation, and soft skill development, which are all necessary to be successful at work. Careers staff are available to attend/provide support for job interviews and facilitate the hiring process. Once hired, Careers will work with the client, Vocational Rehabilitation counselor and the employer to determine the level of support and training needed for success on the job.
HOW TO GET STARTED
- Contact the Kansas City East District Office of Missouri Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (see contact information below). You can do this directly or through a support coordinator at Developmental Disability Services of Jackson County – eitas.
- Schedule an intake appointment with Vocational Rehabilitation staff.
- Bring requested documentation to appointment (e.g., documentation of disability, individualized education plan, diagnostic testing, etc.).
- Vocational Rehabilitation staff will review records and determine eligibility for employment services. If eligible, they will provide you a list of approved vendors.
- You must choose “JobOne Careers” for us to serve you.
- Once JobOne Careers is selected, we can begin working with you to find employment.
Rofique Miller – Customized Employment Specialist
12604A 3rd St. Grandview, MO 64030
Office: 816-763-7822 Ext. 712
Jeff Carpenter – Customized Employment Specialist
900 SW Meadowridge Dr. Blue Springs, MO 64015
Bonita Jones – Customized Employment Specialist
Missouri Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
Kansas City East District Office
243 NW Executive Way
Lee’s Summit, MO 64063
Toll Free: 1-866-831-1363